Stolen Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chimaeron

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vulgaris

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Chimaeron Empty
PostSubject: Chimaeron   Chimaeron Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 11:29 am

Just my 2 cents on the fight (well..more like 8 or 9 cents) study

Heals Heals Heals!!

Phase 1: Spread out 6 yards, his Caustic Slime will hit a few random raid members, with the Bile-o-Tron active, this will simply bring you to 1 HP if your over 10k HP. He will also occassionaly do a Massacre attack which will bring EVERYONE to 1 HP. Quickly heal above 10k HP.

Phase 2: After a few Massacre's the Bile-o-Tron will go offline for a short time, everyone must stack as the raid is no longer protected and his Caustic Slime will now kill you...and it hits BIG, fortunately, any raid member around when hit by this will share the damage. It's necessary for the entire raid to stack and it hits upwards of 280,000 damage.

So from a dps stand point, spread out 6 yards for phase 1, stack for phase 2. Easy.

Heals, haha, your fucked...good luck Smile

But, for progression purposes to see some HP coming off the boss; an option is to overload the raid on heals to a point where nobody is dying and every attempt or so switch a healer back to dps until we find a happy medium.

Tanks:

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I understand it like this. The main tank simply needs to be above 10k HP like everyone else. The boss hits very very hard but the MT still will not fall below 1 HP.

The boss will receive a "Double Attack" buff fairly often during phase 1. At this point the off-tank will taunt the boss and eat these 2 strikes that come in rapid succession....the off-tank is the ONLY raid member that must be topped off during phase 1 prior to and during the buff.

Any other thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Zoksh
Super duper Poster!
Super duper Poster!
Zoksh

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Chimaeron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chimaeron   Chimaeron Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 12:40 pm

Looks pretty good!

One interesting detail I picked up from the tankspot explanation: use a Lay on Hands on both tanks just before he hits 20%, so that they can both last longer in the 3rd phase. We're not there yet, but this is as good a place as any to write it down. I don't know how high our off-tank will be on threat if he just taunts for double attacks (boss becomes un-tauntable in phase 3).

I think we'll mostly need to improve our reaction time to Bile-O-Tron breakdown, and ask everyone to help (off-spec heals, potions, bandages) in getting themselves up in that phase. Keeping you alive is not just the healer's job!
Back to top Go down
Vulgaris

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Chimaeron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chimaeron   Chimaeron Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 1:32 pm

The tank should be pretty damn close, though without a full vengeance stack like the MT, not sure how it will work, whenever a taunt is used you get +5% to highest threat for 3 secs or so...so maybe a quick tank swap...taunt / taunt right before would work out well, and pop any threat reduction abilites at 22 - 21%.
Back to top Go down
Ihateyou
Super duper Poster!
Super duper Poster!
Ihateyou

Male
Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2007-10-18

Chimaeron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chimaeron   Chimaeron Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 8:31 pm

get feud before 20% and BL, you can get him to 14% before phase 3 starts.
Back to top Go down
acaldra

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-12-08

Chimaeron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chimaeron   Chimaeron Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 11:41 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chimaeron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chimaeron   Chimaeron Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chimaeron