Stolen Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Omnitron Defense System

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawkelf
Hawkelf

Male
Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2009-09-03

Omnitron Defense System Empty
PostSubject: Omnitron Defense System   Omnitron Defense System Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:16 am

Read the stuff under the video

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?72548-Omnitron-Defense-System

Chemical Bomb
Instant. Approx 35-40yd ground AoE centered on a random target. 30sec Duration. Frequency: once per activation.
Fires a Chemical Bomb at a random target, causing a Chemical Cloud at the location that increased damage dealt to friendly and hostile targets by 50%.
Those in the cloud, including the bosses, recieve 50% increased damage. Therefore, make sure to position whichever boss is being focus in the cloud if possible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Omnitron Defense System   Omnitron Defense System Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 10:18 am

think of positioning the bosses like piloting a cruise liner. they dont respond for shit but wednesday we will diff give it a try.
Back to top Go down
Hawkelf
Hawkelf

Male
Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Omnitron Defense System   Omnitron Defense System Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 10:22 am

Yeah I know, I think you can try kiting the boss over it till you are on other side of it so you not standing in the AOE. Also need like 2 ppl to focus CCing that arcadium thing that hurts, Tank saves his CC when his shield is up. Just gotta remind ppl that it not a DPS race.
Back to top Go down
Vulgaris

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Omnitron Defense System   Omnitron Defense System Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:07 pm

For those that attempted this boss again last night, 1/31/11:

There is A LOT going on in this fight. 4 bosses, frequent target switching and LOTS of different abilities.

But honestly, the bosses can be treated the same with very few exceptions. All the bosses have an AoE ability, a single target ability, and a shield.

Unless you are given a specific task, the only one being a designated interupter, there is little to remember.

As a dps'er, each time a boss activates, go down your mental check list:

1. Do I need to stack for AoE heals? - Do I need to spread out 8 yards?
2. Am I being targetted by a single target ability? Do I need to move out of the group?
*** Electron's Lightning Conductor and Magmatron's Aquiring Target are the ONLY abilities that require you to leave the group if stacked for AoE healing.

- Here are a few examples of the WORST possible scenario of active bosses from a DPS'ers point of view.

Magmatron activates.
I need to stack on the designated healer (mental check list).
DPS boss.
I am targetted by by "Aquiring Target" (red laser beam).
Sidestep out of group.
Ability ends, stack on healer again.

Electron activates.
Stay stacked because Magmatron is still active. (Spread out if any other boss becomes active.)
I am targetted by "Lightning Conductor".
Sidestep out of stacked group.
Ability ends, stack on healer again.
Another raid member gets targetted by Magmatron's "Aquiring Target". I stay still. He/She runs out.

Magmatron de-activates. Toxitron activates.
Spread out so the still active Electron's "Electrical Discharge" chain lightning does not jump to anyone else.
A large green cloud forms under me. Move out of cloud, stay spread out.
"Poison Protocol" (Adds) is casting, don't move. 1st add spawns, DBM does not warn me that I'm fixated. DPS first add. 3 seconds later, add 2 spawns, I am not warned by DBM that I am fixated. DPS add 2. Add 3 spawns, I am fixated. Kite add until dead. DPS boss staying 8 yards apart.
I am targetted by "Lightning Conductor".
Stay still, I am spread out already to avoid Electron's chain lightning.

Electron de-activates. Arcatron activates.
No AoE damage with this combonation. Can stack or stay spread out.
"Power Generator" (swirly damage increase pool) spawned. Stand in it for increased damage.
"Poison Protocol" is casting. Stop DPS on Arcatron and prepare for adds.
1st add spawns, DBM does not warn me that I'm fixated. DPS first add. 3 seconds later, add 2 spawns, I am not warned by DBM that I am fixated. DPS add 2. Add 3 spawns, I am fixated. Kite add until dead.
"Power Generator" (swirly damage increase pool) spawned. Stand in it for increased damage.

Toxitron de-activates, Magmatron actiates.
Stack for AoE heals.
blah blah blah.

There really is nothing to this fight as far as DPS roles are concerned. There are many other small details that need to be taken care of by the tank, but nothing that concerns us. Heals have specific jobs as well, also not concerning to us.

Unless you are designated as an interuptor, focus on the above hints for success!!

Priority list:

Magmatron active? STACK
Magmatron + Electron active? STACK
Electron active / Magmatron inactive? SPREAD OUT
Electron active / Arcantron "damage increase - mana regen" pool on the ground? HEALERS ONLY
Poison Protocol being cast..adds incoming? ZERO DPS ON ANY BOSS, PREPARE FOR ADDS
Back to top Go down
Draden
Ha! I'm better!
Ha! I'm better!
Draden

Male
Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Omnitron Defense System   Omnitron Defense System Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 2:38 pm

Nice overview Vulg. solid info.
Back to top Go down
Vulgaris

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Omnitron Defense System   Omnitron Defense System Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 3:49 pm

Another thing to note after reading a bit on "Arcane Anihilation" is to have 2 dedicated interupters with a 10 sec cooldown interupt skill. When a mob is interupted, there is approx 3 secs before he can cast again. Arcanatron does this, so if people are dying to this ability, we may need to have lower raid dps on boss to keep everyone alive until he deactivates.

Player A interupts, 10 sec cooldown begins.
~3 secs laters, Arcanatron begins to cast again.
Player B interupts, 10 sec cooldown begins.
~3 secs later, Acranatron begins to cast again.
Player A interupts, 10 sec cooldown begins.
Repeat.

In a perfect world, the tank (druid, warrior, dk) would be Player A with a (rogue, shammy, etc.) as Player B to minimize DPS loss. (All paladins, regardless of spec, will have a 10 sec cooldown interupt in the next patch, so all tanks will have a reliable interupt.) So only 1 dps will have to be pulled from the active boss to help with interupts.
Back to top Go down
Ihateyou
Super duper Poster!
Super duper Poster!
Ihateyou

Male
Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2007-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Omnitron Defense System   Omnitron Defense System Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 1:35 am

new kill pic tomorrow?

anyway, think we interrupted half of arc's bullets. most important one is when he cast his circle of dmg buff, that one is a must interrupt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Omnitron Defense System   Omnitron Defense System Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Omnitron Defense System
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stolen Souls :: Blackwing Descent-
Jump to: